Applicant FrequentLy Asked Questions
- All our vacant homes may be viewed by selecting the “Enter Property Yourself” on the Available Properties tab.
- You will be able to select a time between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. to view the home. This option is available 365 days a year.
- We highly recommend that you view the home before applying.
- The owner of each property reserves the right to prohibit or limit the number, size, and type of pet allowed at the property.
- A pet fee of $300 for the first and $150 for each additional pet is required.
- Vet records and photos must be submitted and updated annually.
- We do not currently accept Section 8 at this time.
- We strongly suggest that you personally inspect the property and request any repairs.
- Any repair requested must be submitted, in writing, at the time of the application.
- Requests, if approved, made after the application may not be completed prior to the move in date
- Renting in single family is very different than multi-family.
- We will only hold a home for 30 days before your occupancy. The only way to secure a home is by paying the holding and admin fee.
- Each adult (over 18 years of age) applicant must have a valid Social Security Number and photo ID.
- Applicants must have verifiable monthly income of three times (3x) the monthly rental rate.
- Any non-employment income such as child support must be guaranteed.
- A full credit report will be processed and evaluated to be approved.
- The last two, at minimum, rental verifications will be requested. Each must show rent payments were made on time and home was left in an acceptable condition.
- Prior evictions must be paid off and cannot be in the last 7 years.
- Rental Applications are available at http://www.cmrpropertymanagement.com/apply-online
- The application fee is $55 per person over the age of 18 living in the home. At this time, we do not offer military or company discounts.
- Once you apply, to expedite the process please submit your two most recent paystubs to email@example.com
- Your application will not be submitted to the homeowner for review until all the information is provided.
- A CMR advisor will contact you via phone and email to congratulate you on the application approval.
- The welcome letter will outline the holding fee (which turns into your deposit), admin fee $225, prorated rent, pet fee, and next month rent will be sent out via email for your review.
- If you move in after the 20th of any month, the next months’ rent will be due at the time of key pick up. For example, if you move in date is December 24, the prorated rent for December and the full months’ rent for January will be due at key pick up.
- The holding and admin fee is due within 24 hours of approval. This amount has to be submitted to our office in certified funds. Personal check and cash will not be accepted. The admin fee will not be waived for anyone.
- Once and only when these funds are received, will the home be pulled from the market. CMR is not responsible for informing any applicant if another application is submitted.
- The holding and admin fee will not be refunded for any reason. If you decide not to move forward after this point, those funds are considered liquidated damages because the property was removed from the market.
- After the holding fee is received, you will receive an electronic copy of the lease to sign. It will be sent via email through our DocuSign system. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned CMR advisor.
- Once all parties sign, including the broker in charge, a fully executed copy of the lease will be automatically emailed to you.
- All utilities have to be connected and confirmation numbers sent to CMR before you can pick up keys. It is your responsibility to ensure you understand which utilities you are responsible for.
- The lease states you must carry and present proof of renter’s insurance with a general liability coverage of $500,000.
- Ensure your mail is forwarded to your new address starting the first day of your lease.
- Keep up communications with Carolinas Metro Realty if anything changes with your move in.
- Yes, you have to come to our office with the remaining funds owed. This is generally the prorated rent, pet fee, and next month rent (if applicable). We will not meet anyone at their property to release keys
How do I see a home?
Do you accept pets?
Do we accept Section 8?
What if I want certain repairs done?
All homes are considered AS-IS unless otherwise stated or agreed upon
How long will we “hold” a home?
What are your application policies concerning income, credit and rental history?
How long does the Application Process take?
What happens once I am approved?
How do I secure the home?
What if I change my mind after I submit a holding fee?
How will I sign the lease?
What are the steps I have to do before picking up keys?
Do I have to come to your office to pick up keys?
17232 Lancaster Hwy #108
Charlotte, NC 28277
Local: (704) 405-0634
Fax: (866) 357-5331
Access owner statements and valuable resources conveniently online as your time permits.
We make it easy to pay your rent and submit maintenance requests all online.