Fort Mill Property Management
We Can Help Manage Your Fort Mill Rental Property
Thank You for considering Carolinas Metro Realty to manage your property. Conscientious management of your investment property and maximizing the return on your investment is the most important thing we do in our Leasing and Property Management Division. In the sections below, we will introduce you to the services we provide when you choose us to professionally lease and manage your property.
The most important thing we do in this section of the Leasing/Property Management equation is to find you the most qualified applicant for your property. There are several steps involved in this process:
- Marketing: Carolinas Metro Realty utilizes multiple online and print media, along with other creative outlets to market our properties. Your property will be made available to the entire rental market through a variety of sources. Internet web sites where your property will be advertised include but not limited to local MLS, Realtor.com, www.CarolinasMetro.com, Craigslist, and Zillow. All of our lease properties enjoy featured exposure on our state-of-the-art web site. For easy access by local Realtors, we place a lockbox on the door of your property and provide For Rent and directional signage where permitted.
- Qualifying Criteria: We use some of the most stringent qualifying criteria in the industry. Applicants are requuired to furnish us with a minimum of two years of rental history, two years work history, and the combined household monthly income must be three times the property rent.
- Background Checks: We use a third party to run a background check in order to review personal credit histories, criminal background checks on all occupants of the property who are 18 years of age or older.
- Final Tenant Approval: We never forget whom we are working for. Once we have completed all the necessary verifications, we will email the summary of the tenant information to the owner so they have an opportunity to review it. If, during the verification process, we determine the applicants do not qualify, we will typically inform the owner of that fact, and proceed with the next applicant.
You are the boss of every transaction we perform for you. The bottom line is yours, and we never forget that.
Inquire About Our Services
Our owners receive itemized monthly statements and year-end statement for easy review as well as income tax preparation. We distribute owner’s net proceeds in the middle of the month via check or direct deposit, giving owners fastest access to their money.
With direct-dial phone numbers, individual email addresses and state-of-the-art voice, electronic and written communications, we keep our clients well informed about their investment real estate.
Carolinas Metro Realty offers full service maintenance services to property owners and residents. We can be contacted via tenant and owner portals, email or simply by calling our management team at 704-405-0634.
We have a number of leasing agents who handle our rental inquiries by phone, in person, by fax and email seven days a week. These leasing agents are well acquainted with our available properties and have the listings at their fingertips. In addition, all our rentals are listed in local MLS to allow local Realtors to show our rental properties. We pay referral fees to all Realtors who lease our properties without any additional cost to the property owner.
Please inquire about our client references – we are proud of our excellent service record.
- “As real estate investors with properties throughout the United States, we know one of the first keys to success is finding a good property manager. The Carolinas had proven to be tough markets for us only because we had problem after problem with various property managers. After much headache and needless expenses, we have finally found a management company that lets us focus on investing and not the headaches that come with tenant management. Not only has Carolinas Metro Realty been thorough in their attention to detail, quick in their communication and follow-through, but they have also gone out of their way to make the transition to their company easy for both ourselves and our tenants. Carolinas Metro Realty has proven they have the expertise and knowledge to get the job done right the first time! We highly recommend Carolinas Metro Realty to any investor.” ~ Roger & Jennifer Billeci, California » View All
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT FEES
Carolinas Metro Realty’s (CMR) management fee structure is simple and straightforward. We believe in being compensated once our owners are compensated. Our management fee is taken directly from the rent we collect. The owner doesn’t pay anything until the property is rented and the tenant is paying rent.
Carolinas Metro Realty’s typical property management rate is 8% of the gross monthly rental amount. Unlike other property management companies, we maintain this management rate without charging any initial advertising fees or set up fees.
CMR will collect funds from the tenant and deposit in our trust account. After verification that funds are received from the tenant, we process the rental proceeds for our owners. Owners will receive a rental proceeds check written from the Carolinas Metro Realty’s trust account and our fee is deducted from the rent. Each month the owner will receive a proceeds check in the amount of 92% (exclusive other expenses such as maintenance, taxes, etc.)
CMR will also charge 50% of the first month rent for tenant procurement service at the time the first rental check is received. This is charged only if CMR is responsible to find and screen a new tenant for the property.
For your convenience, CMR offers automatic deposits into the owners’ bank accounts. We are committed to providing excellent and effective customer service for our landlords, while maintaining a property management fee that is competitively, at or below, the industry standard.
In addition, we are trying our best to accommodate each owner’s individual needs and requirements (no signs on the property, courtesy call/appointment for showings, etc.) Please see Management Services Brochure for more information.
Fort Mill Area Information
The town of Fort Mill was established in 1873, taking its name from a colonial-era fort built by the British and a grist mill on nearby Steele Creek. The Catawba Indians made their home in present-day Fort Mill for many years. Scotch-Irish settlers began arriving in the 1750s and 1760s and a small settlement soon developed. Fort Mill grew rapidly in the late 19th century as textile mills were established. After many textile mill shut-downs the town continued to grow rapidly and became a major suburb of Charlotte.
Areas We Service
- Lake Norman
- Lake Wylie
- Fort Mill
- Indian Trail
- Mint Hill
- Rock Hill
- Tega Cay