FAIR HOUSING STATEMENT
As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status or National Origin.
Before you begin, please have available:
- Contact numbers, email addresses and physical addresses for ALL applicants
- Addresses and Landlord contacts information for a minimum of 2 years
- Social security numbers and birthdates of all applicants
- Proof of gross monthly income
- All adults over age of 18 must apply
- Pay on-line application fee of $55.00 per person over the age of 18
- Guarantor application fee (only one guarantor per household): $150
Applications with 3 or more applicants will automatically be charged and additional fee of $125 due to additional processing needed Proof of income must be uploaded with application
*Include a minimum of 2 current paystubs from employer. (We will also consider an offer of employment letter, Schedule C or other Business Tax Return, and 1099’s).
- Minimum of 2 years verifiable rental history or proof of home ownership (please make sure previous Landlord’s name and phone number are included)
- If applicable picture of pet (please note that not all properties allow pets and certain breed restrictions can apply as well)
- Your application MUST BE SIGNED. If you are applying online, you must digitally sign via Docusign. If you download the application and fill out manually you may submit the SIGNED application and proof of income via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 704-665-5826 or you may drop off at our office.
- Please italicize and underline certified check or money order
*APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE REGARDLESS OF OUTCOME*
HOW DO I SEE A HOME?
- All our vacant homes may be viewed by selecting the “Enter Property Yourself” on the Available Properties tab
- You will be able to select a time between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. to view the home. This option is available 365 days a year.
- We highly recommend that you view the home before applying
DO YOU ACCEPT PETS?
- The owner of each property reserves the right to prohibit or limit the number, size and type of pet allowed at the property.
- A pet fee of $300 for the first and $150 for each additional pet is required
- Vet records and photos must be submitted and updated annually
WHAT IF I WANT CERTAIN REPAIRS DONE?
- We strongly suggest that you personally inspect the property and request any repairs
- Any repair requested must be submitted, in writing, at the time of the application.
- Requests, if approved, made after the application may not be completed prior to the move in date.
- Renting in single family dwellings is very different from multi-family
- All homes are considered AS-IS unless otherwise stated or agreed upon
HOW LONG WILL WE “HOLD” A HOME?
- We will only hold a home for 30 days before your occupancy. The only way to secure a home is by paying the holding and administration fee.
HOW LONG DOES THE APPLICATION PROCESS TAKE?
Please allow two business days for the processing of the rental application
- Once you apply, please submit your 2 most recent paystubs to email@example.com
- Your application will not be submitted to the homeowner for review until all the information is provided
- There will be an additional fee of $65 added to any application that needs to be expedited, in under 24 hours, for a decision.
HOLDING FEES (HOLDING FEES WILL BECOME YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT AT MOVE-IN):
- Holding Fees are equal to 1 month’s rent unless otherwise specified
WHAT IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS ON THE SAME PROPERTY?
- We will process all applications for consideration as to what we (in our sole discretion) deem the best applicant which may not necessarily be the first application received. In such cases, there may be more than one qualified applicant, however only one will eventually be approved. Because we represent the best interest of our homeowners, we will accept the best application.
IS THE APPLICATION FEE REFUNDABLE?
The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
In order to evaluate the various applications, it is necessary for CMR to expend time and cost in credit reports, criminal reports and other administrative costs. Hence, it is our policy that the application fee is NON-refundable. If your application is approvable, but not the approved one for the property for which you are applying, you may, within 30 days, consider applying for other available properties that we may have. This may be done so without payment of an additional application fee.
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE I AM APPROVED?
- A CMR advisor will contact you via email to congratulate you on the application approval.
- The welcome letter will outline the holding fee (which turns into your deposit), admin fee $225, pro-rated rent and pet fee(s) if applicable. One full month of rent is required at time of possession. CMR calculates pro-rates on the 2nd month of the lease. All future rents are due and payable on the 1st of the month regardless of possession date.
- If you move in after the 20th of any month then the next month’s rent will be due at the time of key pick up. For example, if your move-in date is December 24 then the prorated rent for December, and the full month’s rent for January, will be due at key pick up.
HOW DO I SECURE THE HOME?
- The holding and administration fee is due within 24 hours of approval. This amount must be submitted to our office in certified funds. Personal check and cash will not be accepted. The administration fee will not be waived for anyone.
- Once, and only after, these funds are received then the home will be pulled from the market. CMR is not responsible for informing any applicant if another application is submitted.
WHAT IF I CHANGE MY MIND AFTER I SUBMIT A HOLDING FEE?
- The holding and administration fee will not be refunded for any reason.
- If you decide not to move forward after this point those funds are considered liquidated damages because the property was removed from the market.
HOW WILL I SIGN THE LEASE?
- After the holding fee is received, you will receive an electronic copy of the lease to sign. It will be sent via email through our DocuSign system.
- Once all parties sign, including the broker in charge, a fully executed copy of the lease will be automatically emailed to you.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS I MUST DO BEFORE PICKING UP KEYS?
- All utilities must be connected and confirmation numbers sent to CMR before you can pick up keys. It is your responsibility to ensure you understand which utilities you are responsible for.
- The lease states that you must carry and present proof of renter’s insurance with a general liability coverage of $500,000
- Ensure your physical mail is forwarded to your new address starting the first day of your lease
- Keep up communications with CMR if anything changes with your move in
DO I HAVE TO COME TO YOUR OFFICE TO PICK UP KEYS?
Yes, you must come to our office with the remaining funds owed. This is generally the pro-rated rent, pet fee (if applicable) and next month’s rent (if applicable). We will not meet anyone at their property to release keys.